Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Decisions and Accidents

Last Tuesday I met with Hannah's teacher and she told me that she feels Hannah won't be ready for Kindergarten in August. It kind of came as a shock because I was mentally prepared that she would start in the fall. Some of the teacher's reasons are her age, how she tested on her letters and numbers and her social interaction with the other kids. I've been talking to friends to get their perspective and I'm getting mixed advice. This morning I went to her school for an informational meeting about their program designed for 5 year olds that need an extra year. I think the program could greatly benefit Hannah and help her grow in the areas she needs to. Brian and I have a lot to talk about before August comes.

Last Thursday I had just picked Hannah up from school and was heading home. I was exiting one highway to get on another and hit something in the road. Immediately the sensor for the tires came on and the car started driving differently. I pulled over as soon as I could and put my hazard lights on. I got out of the car and found out that I had a flat tire. I called Brian, who was out of town, and he told me to call some of his coworkers for help. I called our insurance company first and they were going to send someone to come and fix the flat. Brian let me know that one of his coworkers was on his way to help too. While I was waiting for them, the county roadside assistance pulled up behind me and said that he was going to change the flat. So I cancelled the other mechanic. The two guys put the spare on pretty quickly and I was back on the road. When Brian got back in town, he took the car to get 2 new tires. He ended buying 4 because of the mileage on our car. He also found out that the car needed 2 new rims because whatever object I hit it the road, bent them. Then the car needed an alignment. So $1,600 later..... Yesterday I met with our insurance company and they are reimbursing us for some of the expenses, about 50%.

No comments: