Friday, May 21, 2010

Another absentminded moment courtesy of moi

Today started out great. It was my last MOPS meeting for the school year. We had a pancake bar, wore cute summer dresses and played Bunco. It was a lot of fun! Near the end, I was paged to get Noah from the nursery because his eye was pink and didn't look very good. Going to the doctor today was not on my agenda! :D The doctor diagnosed him with conjunctivitis (pink eye). I wanted to get his prescription filled right away, so that his eye could start getting better. I went to Target because I needed a few things and could pick them up while I waited for the medicine. The cost of the 3 mL bottle of eye drops.....$60 and that was with insurance! We made it home with everything I bought, had lunch, naps etc.... I went to get the mail around 4:45 and in the mail was Hannah's enrollment forms for preschool. I started filling them out and needed some info. from my wallet. I couldn't find my wallet! I looked in the car, looked through my purse and diaper bag several times and couldn't find it! The first thing I did was look at my bank account online to see if someone had made purchases with my debit card. There weren't any strange purchases, so I decided to call Target since that was the last place I had spent money. I had to give a description of it and then was told that they had it! The man I spoke with said that someone had found it outside in a cart and brought it to Guest Services. I was relieved and so appreciative that there was someone honest who did the right thing. I wish that I could thank them in person, but I'll never know who it was.

1 comment:

la femme elisabeth said...

Oh no! Wow--what an honest person. So glad nothing horrible happened. :)